INTERMITTENT FASTING 101
Fasting has been a ritual of many different people throughout history which has been used to cleanse the mind and the body and the soul. But there is a recent health technique known as Intermittent Fasting, that has gained great popularity over the recent years.
This article will give you a breakdown of what intermittent fasting is, what it can do for your body and health, and how you can use it to improve your life.
What Exactly is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting, otherwise known as alternate day fasting, 5:2 or 16-8 fasting, is more than a diet. Instead of focusing on foods, you would be focusing on an eating pattern. An intermittent fasting meal plan would be separated by blocks of time that govern when you eat and when you don’t.
In these fasting periods, you are not allowed to eat any solid foods. You can drink clear liquids like water, coffee, and sugar free tea. These fasting periods are followed by periods of feasting.
During feasting periods, you can eat as much as you want and anything you want. Of course, if you choose healthier variety of foods including healthy fats like pure grass fed butter it will have a better effect on your health.
How to use intermittent fasting for weight loss?
There are many different ways in which people can benefit from a biohacking diet. By altering what you eat or how you eat, you can gain better control over your body’s response to those foods.The most motivating benefit of fasting for a day is its ability to help you lose weight. Of course, you will want to fast for more than one day in order to see sustainable weight loss.
How does intermittent fasting help you lose weight? It’s more complicated than just less time eating which means less calories consumed. The body actually starts to expend energy in a different manner.
A study done by the University of Alabama showed the improvements that intermittent fasting had on prediabetic patients and increasing insulin sensitivity.
When we fast, our blood sugar levels go way down, and this is when the magic happens. Our bodies are begging for energy and so the fat cells sacrifice themselves for the good of the body. The longer we are in fast, the more fat is burned.
This review showed that intermittent fasting has consistently been proven to be as effective in aiding weight loss as regular calorie restricting diet without the major hunger cravings.
Clearly, intermittent fasting is a viable weight loss method that could bring more health benefits with it. But how do you know if Intermittent Fasting is for you? Take a look at a few of these pros and cons and weigh them out.
What are the intermittent fasting pros and cons?
Here are TEN Things You Should Weigh In as You consider this lifestyle:
1. Intermittent fasting doesn’t require any calorie counting or weighing of food.
2. Intermittent fasting allows you to eat your favorite foods.
3. Intermittent fasting can help lower your cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. Intermittent fasting can help increase your insulin sensitivity and lower your risk of Type 2 diabetes.
5. Intermittent fasting can help keep your brain safe from neurological diseases.
6. Intermittent fasting is easy to prepare for and saves time with less meals necessary.
7. Intermittent fasting can be difficult for some people that are used to the traditional eating method.
8. Intermittent fasting can cause periods of fatigue however this can be overcome if you eat plenty of healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, or grass-fed butter giving your brain and body plenty of energy.
9. Intermittent fasting can be hard to gain support from family members.
10. Some people overeat after their fasting period, reducing the effects of weight loss. Eating the healthy fats as mentioned before, will also help to curb your hunger cravings by increasing satiation and signaling to the brain that it is full.
Intermittent fasting clearly has plenty of benefits and most of the drawbacks can be overcome with proper nutrition and a little bit of patience and persistence. If you have struggled with weight loss because of fad diets and complicated formulas, intermittent fasting is a good alternative. It simplifies losing weight and comes with added benefits and it requires little or no exercise in order to lose weight..
Guest Writer. Crystal started out as a writer but fell in love with fitness and made it her career She is an expert in diet, weight loss, nutrition and fitness. She has a Master Trainer Certification and is a former fitness bootcamp owner.
Have any questions or thoughts? Please, feel free to ask away as you share and tag us in your post! BoostCeuticals strive to provide a community who are excited about finding the best boost they need and living the best life possible, both optimally healthy & happy!
Your Participation is the energy behind us helping you in your daily healthy boost!
The most motivating benefit of fasting for a day is its ability to help you lose weight. Of course, you will want to fast for more than one day in order to see sustainable weight loss.